Magnetic Car Sign Care & Use Instructions
Applying & Removing Flexible Magnet
- Only affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metal surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (i.e., no air pockets).
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength. Lift from largest area first, letting smaller parts follow.
- Use caution removing magnet from vehicle, especially around ears, tails, & legs of cutout magnetic silhouette. Lift from largest part of magnet first, gently let legs, tail, ears follow. Thinner bodied silhouettes require more care.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150º F.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid use on non-metal body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces.
- It is recommended that magnets be removed when washing your vehicle, especially in a commercial car wash where they may be damaged or removed by their equipment.
Storing Flexible Magnet
- Do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
- Store on a smooth, dry steel surface (refrigerator, file cabinet, washer, dryer)
Cleaning Flexible Magnet
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals.
- Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean WEEKLY.)
- To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on NEW cars and trucks, remove magnetic signs DAILY.
Not all vehicles are made of steel. Some vehicles use combinations of steel, aluminum, plastic, and/or fiberglass. These magnets are for use only on painted steel. Please check the area of your vehicle where you are planning to use these magnets with a magnet to determine that it is steel. Magnets are not returnable.
Our magnets are cut from high quality 30 mil outdoor sheeting. With proper care they should last many years. With proper installation magnets will remain on vehicle above legal highway speeds, however we cannot be responsible for loss from vehicle. When parking vehicle in "questionable" areas, remember that magnets can be removed by others. When in doubt remove magnets and store temporarily on a flat surface. Minor surface blemishes are normal in this product. They will not be noticeable from the normal viewing distance.